Friday, April 21, 2006

Broadway Bound

So, Julia ain't getting the great reviews but did anyone really expect her to? Still, who cares, as the New York Times review notes, its JULIA ROBERTS people and I am also a Juliaholic. Plus, Bradley Cooper! and Paul Rudd!



Still, over 9 blocks away at Studio 54, Threepenny Opera isn't getting that great reviews either and I'm not surprised either, even though it had such great pedigree (Alan Cummings, Ana Gesteyer, Jim Dale, Cindy Lauper, with director Scott Ellis, and writer Wallace Shawn (of The Princess Bride fame)). Sounds like something I would like but Oh well. I didn't really plan on seeing it anyways.

I REALLY want to see The History Boys and The Drowsy Chaperone, both should be opening in the next two weeks. (Both in previews right now).

The Drowsy Chaperone - darn it, could have seen it in my hometown for so much cheaper, though without Sutton Foster in the lead.

I'm not even going to talk about Tarzan or The Wedding Singer, although now that I know the guy involved in De La Guarda, is also doing Tarzan, I'm a little curious.

No comments: