Thursday, December 07, 2006

and yet another Award goes to...

Okay. Grammy noms are out. The black sheep of the top Awards (Oscars, Emmys, Tonys and Grammy's) since it's always predictable and boring. Oh wait, so are the Oscars and Emmys (though the Tony's did good with Avenue Q at least).

Quick rant here but generally everything I liked this year (which I'm compiling for my Best of Music list soon to come as if it were something I've deluded myself into believe that people cared about) got a nomination, but then again, with 108 categories and 5 nominations in each, who DIDN'T get nominated? Seriously?

Some faves this year that I noted that made the cut included Imogen Heap, The Fray, Snow Patrol, Dixie Chicks, John Mayer, Rascal Flatts, Justin Timberlake, Josh Turner, Corrine Bailey Rae, Gnarls Barkley, James Blunt, Keane, Beck, Death Cab for Cutie, Ne-Yo, Arctic Monkeys...

Seriously, who WASN'T nominated? (hmm... did I not see Panic! At the Disco on the list? Thank god. Great song but the band is entirely overated and just New Found Glory 2.0 (or was it considered last year?)). So again, very predictable and middle of the road (but since I like middle of the road pop music, I'm generally good with it).

Oh, and Ontarian Walter Ostanek got his yearly nomination again! Everybody Polka!

No comments: