Sunday, March 18, 2007

Grease - Austin Singing Limits/ Brunettes on Broadway

Live Finals


So I've been playing catch up with TV this weekend, including properly re-watching all of Grease: You're The One That I Want since I usually watched them as background noise as I got facebook-addicted. Okay, I still say Chad was pretty good a lot of times but yes Liz, he sucked the last two weeks before he was booted out last week. Okay, fine. You were right. Again.

Now, I pretty much got it down to Derek and Max as Danny, but of course, Derek is out while Austin is still in. ARGH...

(As for the girls, I won't even bother because Laura to me is the clear front runner)

So, it's down to the professional suave Austin or the underdog slacker Max, and yes, Austin is technically a better singer and dancer and has the better body but Max feels more real and a better actor and more lovable. Sorry Austin, but you still creep me out for some reason. Way too showy. I feel like you would do jazz hands all day if you could.

Though I love that BOTH are pulling their own sob story... yeah. I'm not buying.

So, my hope is that Derek lovers were also Max fans and throw their votes his way. (Which is my theory of why he was kicked off, since Max and Derek might share the same fanbase and Max edged out in splitting the votes. While it is love or HATE with Austin). So hopefully we will end up with two brunettes as our Danny and Sandy! Then I might actually consider seeing it this summer on Broadway. Max and Laura actually feel like new summer lovers while singing together. Fresh and innocent with the hints of hormones beneath. Okay, I'm even more convinced of them now. Vote 01 and 04!

So Laura and Austin don't seem to sing well together but Max and Ashley seem fine... hmm...

Please America, like I've said before. ANYBODY BUT Austin PLEASE...

WOOHOO! Kathleen Marshall agrees with me! Woohoo! They all agree! FINALLY...

3 comments:

Jacki said...

Agreed! Austin is creepy and a half. I do not get WHY they call him "hot" Danny! And am I the only one who thinks it's rude to call Max "slacker" Danny?

Vance said...

True. Personally I thought it was just Billy Bush's lazy hosting but I'm sure he was scripted.

Anyways, go MAX! Although I tried voting online yesterday and the site kept crashing on me and closing so don't think any of my Max votes went through.

Anonymous said...

Austin is the last thing from creepy on the planet. I've met him. He's the nicest, most humble guy. He's so polite and well-mannered. He's not only by far the better singer and dancer, but he's the more believable guy-in-love of the two for me. Did you see the duets this last week? Austin made both girls look good. Laura's only crack in the whole show came while singing with Max, maybe because she feared the upcoming kiss that she had to almost pull away from.

Max is sweet. He's cool. He's talented. But the one thing I can't see him as is Broadway. And Austin has that written all over his gorgeous chest.