Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Spending Spree - The Musical

Spring Awakening writers Duncan Sheik and Steven Sater are working on a new musical (called Nero: Another Golden Rome) . Sounds kind of weird and retarded but then again, so did sexually frustrated teens in 1890's Germany, so who am I to say?

But it's Duncan Sheik. I'm SOOOO there.

Meanwhile, just after reading about saving pennies yesterday, I just ended up plopping down a chunk of change to see the new Cirque Du Soleil show Koozå. AND I'm heading to New York on a break in 2 weeks to do another Broadway marathon. Plus SYTYCD Tour tickets go on sale on Aug. 11th! No wonder I haven't found a condo I like and can afford yet? That or the idiots driving up the price on really bad units that aren't worth the price they paid. WHO ARE THESE RICH PEOPLE? And why aren't they giving me any money?

Um, meanwhile, I'm thinking of spending more money to see this. It'll be like me and a theatre full of 16 year old girls. I'm not sure I can quite do it yet, but I'm so tempted. In the meantime, only 2 more weeks until High School Musical 2 ! Premieres on the Disney Channel (Family Channel in Canada) on August 17th at 8pm! Of course, Family Channel (and my guess, Disney Channel) has already shown so many clips and so many songs that I feel like I've seen the whole thing already (and yet I'm STILL WAY EXCITED! Man I need help). And the album comes out August 14th, and the song "What Time Is It" is #1 on the singles charts already!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I am so excited about High School Musical 2 and it's so sad, I should be beyond watching Disney Channel, but what can you do...

To make matters worse I already sing along the "What Time Is It?" song.

And I have to admit that I have been tempted to go and see High School Musical too, but I think the shame just got the best of me.

Do you think they would give us discounts if we went to therapy together? LOL

Seriously though I think High School Musical is awesome and my mom likes it too, so I feel better now...

Vance said...

Yeah, I relish the fact that my slightly older friend REALLY wants to go too (to HSM stage show)...

Okay. what's worse is I'm WATCHING the Family Channel just in the hopes to catch the preview clips of HSM2 (though at least they play Popular later at nights so I don't feel so creepy).

Anonymous said...

haha...

You know what though, Family Channel doesn't sound as bad as Disney Channel. But since my friend (who is older than me) watches Disney Channel a lot, I don't feel as bad :-)