Monday, October 29, 2007

Just Hearing This Makes Me Happy Already!

Friday Night Lights Theme Song by W.G. Snuffy Walden and Bennett Salvay



And of course after seeing this, just reminded me more how awesome the Veronica Mars theme "We Used To Be Friends" by The Dandy Warhols was:



And now that it got me started, here are a few more TV themes that make me smile, after the jump:

The Sopranos - "Woke Up This Morning" by A3



"Saved By The Bell Theme" - Can you NOT smile and laugh when you hear this song?



The Fresh Prince of Bel Air by Will Smith - Or this one too?



"Twin Peaks Theme" by Angelo Badalamenti - Definitely sets the tone. Creepy. Was it always this long? Man have credits gotten a LOT shorter...



Family Ties - "Without You" - Try listening to this and NOT singing "Sha La La La" after...



30 Rock - It's 16 seconds of bliss. SIXTEEN SECONDS??? and TWIN PEAKS WAS OVER 3 MINUTES??



The Golden Girls - "Thank You For Being A Friend" - Um, I kinda love this show AND song.



There's a few more I would stick in here but I can't find them yet (like a The Cosby Show theme). Maybe I'll post a part 2 of this later on. Any other suggestions?

4 comments:

Liz said...

My favorite theme song on TV right now is actually the theme for Boston Legal--it's so danceable that I literally must dance each and every time I hear it. And, of course, The Office and How I Met Your Mother both have catchy, singable, loveable tunes.

Vance said...

I actually couldnt find a good The Office (lots of remixes or self made ones).. and didnt have time to go through them all yet on youtube... and was thinking of HIMYM but was thinking of posting it with a photo I was sent and now the work day is done and Im already late... so uh.. next time now.

Scooter McGavin said...

I really hope that the Haitian erased the part of the brain that had the themes to Dukes of Hazzard and The A-Team in it because to omit them in a great theme song discussion is a crime against humanity.

And as great as it was, Veronica Mars should even be in the discussion (or at the very least in a different catergory) because the song was written a couple of years before the show aired.

Vance said...

Um... I don't remember the themes to Duke and A-Team... GASP... I wasn't allowed to watch a lot of TV when I was a kid (except Family Ties, Cosby Show and Fame, though I do remember the Dukes always jumping in and out of the car but that's it) which I think I'm making up for now.

And my criteria isn't the BEST opening songs. Just ones that make me feel giddy when I hear them right now. So VM works... but yes. I'm sure there are more... I'll make a new list in due time cause well, I love lists!