Monday, December 10, 2007

Tapeworthy Gets Personal (It Might Become An Ongoing Saga So Be Warned) - Love Actually Edition

Just before I finish here at my work and end an era of my life (tomorrow is my last day of work here this season and I'm not sure what 2008 will bring (actually, I sort of do but I'll believe it when the contract is signed on paper)), and just before I take the rest of the week off to enjoy the Christmas holidays in New York (and go crazy theatre hopping (so far 7 shows planned in 4 days! Let's see if I can hit 10 in 5), and before I answer Manuel's tagging (damnit! You got me), I'm going to leave you with this video as we settle into the Christmas spirit.



I LOVE this movie. It's my new Christmas tradition. I must watch it once every Christmas season now. In fact, I just watched it last weekend. Then, last week I got a message to watch the clip above from, ironically, the person that is the Keira Knightly to me as Andrew Stanton, all because THAT person feels the same way about ANOTHER person. Confused? I am too I think because I've only recently started thinking/feeling/realising this...(yes, I know, it sounds so romcom cliché)

Anyways, another favorite part of the movie is when Olivia Olson sings "All I Want For Christmas" (and to be honest, is far superior to the Mariah Carey version):



I actually have another question to you, my favorite readers (that is actually relevant since it has to do with being pop culture/tv enthusiasts) but I'll pose it in another post soon. Gotta run, it's the office Christmas/season end wrap party... on a Monday... woohoo...

3 comments:

CA said...

Me too! I think I will watch it tomorrow night when my husband is out of town! This scene communicates playfulness and heartbreak so clearly and simply...bravely too. I am always so moved by Emma Thompson when she goes off on her own after not getting her expected gift. And when Colin Firth (I SO have a crush on him!) proposes, it is such a treat!

mB said...

I love the Kiera storyline. Le sigh... not (just) because it echoes past personal experiences, but also because it is the most touching - though Emma comes close when she breaks and gathers herself together. Now if only they had realised the Colin Firth storyline was not worth our times it would have made for a far better movie (also: they should have included the lesbian storyline to keep the heteros in line...)

Liz said...

Yeah, I semi-secretly love this movie and have seen it multiple times. My fave storylines are the Colin Firth one and the Hugh Grant one, I think. But that may or may not be because I just like to look at both of them :)

What shows are you seeing? That sounds like a breakneck schedule! Beware of flying glowsticks...