Monday, July 14, 2008

Reminder: Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog! Starts Tomorrow!

I know most blogs have already posted about this but I was reminded again by ManuelB about it and I'm basically posting this for myself so that I don't forget to watch Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog, the internet musical show by Joss Whedon starring Neil Patrick Harris and Nathan Fillion. Which starts streaming tomorrow, July 15th, with a new act/episode on the 17th, and then finishing on the 19th, and stays on the net only until July 20th when it will be taken off the net. (It will be released on DVD after that).

I probably haven't written a lot about Joss Whedon but if it didn't come through in my 2+ years of blogging, it's that I'm a big Whedon fan. Not a want-to-bare-his-children fan but enough to follow him with whatever shows he puts on since I'm one of those big Buffy fans, I actually loved Angel (well, except somewhere near the end when it got a bit messy for a bit) and while I wasn't a Firefly fan at first, I did grow to enjoy it immensely and thought the movie Serenity was pretty good. Now there's next year's Dollhouse with one of his former muses Eliza Dushku!

But first up, his new internet musical!

Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog!!!



I really have no idea what to expect but Once More With Feeling was NOT an overated musical episode and personally I thought was brilliantly executed for working well both within the arc of the series as well as a one-off episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

Plus Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog stars one of our favorite gays Neil Patrick Harris (from How I Met Your Mother) as the singing villain!

And the hunky Canadian Nathan Fillion (another muse of Whedon's appearing in Buffy and leading Firefly, lately battling Desperate Housewives) as the hero!

Simon Helberg from The Big Bang Theory also stars!

Here's the trailer after the jump:


Teaser from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog on Vimeo.

Release Dates:
ACT ONE (Wheee!) will go up Tuesday July 15th.

ACT TWO (OMG!) will go up Thursday July 17th.

ACT THREE (Denouement!) will go up Saturday July 19th.

All acts will stay up until midnight Sunday July 20th 2008.

To be released on DVD after that.

1 comment:

mB said...

[Geek Shriek!]

Can't wait!