Sunday, July 06, 2008

The TV Blog Coalition - My Next Vacation: The Couch

I love vacations and I'm enjoying my time here in Europe, visiting old friends and discovering some new places that I've never been (and some old ones that have a place in my heart, Amsterdam today (where all I kept thinking about was the song "Amsterdam" from the must-see musical Passing Strange), Brussels tomorrow (where I did a semester of university)) but is it bad that I'm craving TV and that I'm already planning out my return TV watching schedule of TV to catch up from what I missed (mainly, So You Think You Can Dance which Linz from Linz McC's Completely Pointless Blog has been awesomely covering for me!) when I return home later this week?

European TV just ain't cutting it, although I did watch a bit of that old movie The Faculty with super young Elijah Wood, Josh Hartnett, Clea Duvall, Shawn Hatosy (what happened to him?) and Usher but what REALLY made me laugh was seeing a skinnier Jon Stewart as some evil possessed teacher that gets his eyes stabbed. I'm guessing this was before The Daily Show. My other alternative was That's Amore, the apparently spin-off from A Shot At Love or whatever that Tila Tequilla show was. Shouldn't they be importing Friday Night Lights or Pushing Daisies or something?

Anyways, here's what the other TV bloggers were talking about this past American Holiday weekend:

With the Emmy nomination shortlists out for the comedy and drama series categories, Buzz wondered which five shows would make your ballot. (BuzzSugar)

This week, Sandie shared her interview with Kyra Sedgwick from TNT's The Closer. (Daemon's TV)

In this week's TV Talk podcast we talk about our recent turnaround on Swingtown, what BSG's Tricia Helfer is up to, a preview of our upcoming trip to Comic Con and our first impressions of the upcoming Fringe. (Give Me My Remote)

Plattie reviewed the BBC's search for the nation's top disabled model. No, really. Britain's Missing Top Model is an actual show. We're not making this up. (Pop Vultures)

While meeting Dulé Hill last week, Rae learned a little of what to expect for the upcoming third season of Psych and which of Gus' nicknames is actually the given name of one of Dulé's aunts. (RTVW)

A little bit of everything on the 9th Green, from video recaps of the previous seasons of The Closer and Saving Grace, premiere dates for Stargate Atlantis and Scare Tactics, to a list of the thirteen up and coming stars most likely to get you a visit with Chris Hansen. (Scooter McGavin's 9th Green)

Vance celebrated Canada Day with a shout out to all our favourite Canadians on our favourite TV shows. (Tapeworthy)

Jace returned from his honeymoon to review the disappointing botched pilot for FOX's supernatural drama The Oaks, which he had been looking forward to after reading the script last summer. (Televisionary)

While he's always happy to host giveaways on TiFaux, Dan had an ugly flashback to his history as an awkward teen as he introduced a new contest for an X-Files compilation DVD. Click the link to enter! (TiFaux)

M*A*S*H’s Alan Alda (Hawykeye) and Wayne Rogers (Trapper) reunited for an interview, and Jennifer was excited to share the video of the event. Among some of the topics covered, was the fact that M*A*S*H and The West Wing, were both recently chosen as two of the top ten smartest TV shows of all time by the chair of MENSA. (Tube Talk).

In place of genuine TV scoop, the TV Addict stalks TORCHWOOD star John Barrowman (the TV Addict)

2 comments:

Linz McC said...

Is it just terrible that I love that movie The Faculty? And also, I really like Shawn Hatosy. What DID happen to him? Loved him in Outside Providence and now it seems like he is always the loser friend that barely has a speaking role. Too bad..

Vance said...

Never saw Outside Providence but I actually really like Shawn Hatosy too. It's too bad he's not getting more roles.

I usually don't like scary movies but I just happened to stop and notice all the REALLY young looking actors and then Jon Stewart which made me laugh.