Thursday, September 04, 2008

Your Choice For The Song of the Summer 2008

Alright folks, 28% of you picked Katy Perry's "I Kissed A Girl" as this years song of the summer in my first blog poll.

Seriously?

Oh well, the people have spoken and it garnered the most votes from my nominations for the Song of the Summer of 2008. And yes, it's very catchy.

My choice of "Leavin'" by Jesse McCartney only came in 8th. Basically just past the middle point. The standings are below after the jump. In the meantime, enjoy Katy Perry's I Kissed The Girl" one more time, or at least before her new single starts getting drilled in our head because it's already slowly started.



The Song of the Summer 2008 Poll Results:

1. "I Kissed A Girl" - Katy Perry - 28%
2. "Forever" - Chris Brown - 14%
3. "Bleeding Love" - Leona Lewis - 13%
4. Tie "Shake It" - Metro Station - 13%
4. Tie "Disturbia" - Rihanna - 13%
6. Tie "Viva la Vida" - Coldplay - 10%
6. Tie "Burnin' Up" - The Jonas Brothers- 10%
8. "Leavin'" - Jesse McCartney - 9%
9. "American Boy" - Estelle ft. Kanye West - 8%
10. "Just Dance" - Lady Gaga ft. Colby O'Donis - 7%
11. "The Time of My Life" - David Cook - 5%
12. "Dangerous" - Kardinal Offishall ft. Akon - 4%
13. "One Step At A Time" - Jordin Sparks - 3%
14. "Fly Girl" - Tara Oram - 1%

I somehow expected the two American Idols to do better. Guess the people that voted for them to win, don't read my blog.

"American Boy" was doing well at first and "Burnin' Up" was not but seemed like there was a late resurgence of votes for The Jonas Brothers.

Meanwhile, Tara Oram got 5 votes which is still more than I thought she would considering I only stuck her in there cause I love the song even though I knew no one really know of her yet AND she's country AND she's Canadian but if you like Carrie Underwood, check Oram's video out. It's quite fun and refreshing.

So on one hand, at least there was nothing as annoying as "Hollaback Girl" but then nothing as addictivel

No comments: