Monday, July 13, 2009

The TV Blog Coalition - Season Finales Two Months Late

So I've been STILL playing MASSIVE TV catch up and only just finally watched the finales for tons of the ABC stuff (Pushing Daisies, Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, Brothers & Sisters). Though I didn't mean to do a ABC marathon, it just happened that way. (Finished Gossip Girl too, which is really just like a younger version of the ABC melodramedies). Oh, did I mention I also finally watched the finale for The Amazing Race? I know. Yet still fun even though I knew the results! You know a reality show is good when it's still fun to watch after being spoiled. I also still have the finale for Survivor to watch/fast forward through though I've actually forgotten who won so it might still be a surprise to me.

Alas, that means I might finally have time to catch up with all the cable summer shows as well (some which I've kept up on, some I don't get in Canada right now so I don't even have that option). Still, one of my surprise faves from this past season, TNT's Leverage returns with a new season this Wednesday at 9pm and I can't wait. I seriously didn't think the show would be any good but the show is far more clever and fun than the ads would lead you to believe. The new Dylan McDermott show Dark Blue premieres after at 10pm and I'll have a review of it on Wednesday.

In the meantime, here's what the TV bloggers were talking about this week. And yes, it's my turn to be first in the new rotation system. I'm not just being a spotlight hog!:

So You Think You Can Dance has finally cut it down to the Top 10! Vance still doesn't really know who his favorite is yet. (Tapeworthy)

Sex and Candy! This week, Jace had an exclusive interview with True Blood's baby vampire Jessica Hamby, a.k.a. actress Deborah Ann Woll. (Televisionary)

After watching 16 and Pregnant, Marisa felt pretty good about her decision to not get knocked up in high school. And to not buy that baby a dirtbike. (TiFaux)

Ashley checked out ABC Family's "10 Things I Hate About You" and decided it didn't live up to the Heath Ledger classic. (Tube Talk)

Did you know that VERONICA MARS star Kristen Bell needs YOU.... to help make the VERONICA MARS movie a reality! (The TV Addict)

The premiere was too long, and the characters a bit too cliched, but Matt will stick with Warehouse 13 this summer. (TV Fanatic)

Buzz wondered: Are there any TV genres you just won't watch under any circumstances? (BuzzSugar)

Most people were concerned with replacing Heath Ledger and Julia Stiles on the television adaptation of 10 Things I Hate About You, Scooter cared more with how they could possibly fill the shoes of Alex Mack. (Scooter McGavin's 9th Green)

Vance at http://tapeworthy.blogspot.com

No comments: