Wednesday, April 12, 2006

American Idol – Top 8 "Queen" Night

Oh Elliot, how I love thee.

I missed the first 15 minutes of Idol because the stupid take-out place was super busy (and rude) so our order took 35 minutes instead of 15, but that was okay, since we realized we missed Bucky and Ace, who both look excruciating in that final rundown of the performances. We also only caught the last second of Kellie Pickler but while not great, it was more impressive than one would think Kellie doing Bohemian Rhapsody would be. (I’ll have to rewatch it later this week though).

Paris was probably the other great performance of the night, who sang that song with maturity and strength, which I guess is weird coming from a teenage girl with a bubblehead voice.

The rest? Katharine and Chris sang songs I didn’t know and while they were their usual (generally okay, and great, respectively), it still seemed underwhelming considering they were singing Queen.

Taylor, when you miss the kickstand once, do NOT try again.

So, who is going? After last week’s results, who knows. I WANT Ace to leave ASAP, and he just might now, since Elliott and Paris fans will be back in full force voting again, after last week’s debacle, which I think leaves Kellie vulnerable, and perhaps Katharine again. I’m not sure who is voting for Bucky, but someone must be.

No comments: