Monday, March 20, 2006

FYI

With the return of "Prison Break," I will no longer be posting on "How I Met Your Mother." Instead I will begin writing my own "Rest of the Week" columns which will include HIMYM.

On that note...

HIMYM - Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE end the whole farce of Robin and Ted and move on with his life? I would probably be totally sucked in if it weren't for the fact that I know it's NEVER going to work out! It was a great hook at the end of the first episode, but maybe in retrospect they shouldn't have revealed that fact so quickly. Barney is definitely the funniest character on the show, but Marshall is getting better and better lines (and delivery) by the week. Finally, I want a cupcake. A really good one. (The ones from Magnolia Bakery are NOTHING to write home about - another FYI.)

Old Christine - I know Vance has already written about this show, but he's a guy and as a guy he cannot fully appreciate the comedy written into this show. WOMEN of the world UNITE to watch this television show! Julia Louis-Dryfess is the perfect everywoman who's out there in the world just trying to make it day by day. I seriously Laughed Out Loud during the first 2 eps that aired last week. I have not laughed like that during a sit-com since the death of my beloved "Friends." Yes, ladies, this show is that good!

Originally posted by Highbrow

No comments: