Thursday, November 16, 2006

iPod Music Playlist - The British Commonwealth Edition

So I was supposed to see Deja Vu at a screening last night for my second attempt in 2 weeks but alas, I arrived too late after the theatre was full already (damn early birds). Oh well, Denzel is a good actor who tends to pick mediocre movies anyways.

So instead, here is what I've been listening to, all which I noticed were from Canada or the UK (okay, not really the full British Commonwealth but still under The Queen).

From Canada:

Mobile - "See Right Through Me"
K-Os - "Sunday Morning"
City and Colour - "Coming Home" (whose album Sometimes will probably land somewhere in the best of music list for the year).

Oh, and I can't believe I totally forgot:

Nelly Furtado - "Maneater"

From the place with funny accents (and I'm not talking about Quebec):

Lily Allen - Alright, Still Album
Embrace - Out of Nowhere Album, This New Day Album
Take That - "Patience" (YES, they are BACK!!! Still without Robbie Williams but back still nonetheless!!! With the new Album Beautiful World coming November 27th!!!)
Snow Patrol - Eyes Open Album (and of course "Chasing Cars" which I love and seems to be heading for Radio's Most Overplayed Song by the end of the year. Other faves include "Shut Your Eyes" and "Beginning to Get to Me" amongst others).
Imogen Heap - "Hide and Seek" (yes, I'm still obsessesed with this clip).

I've also been told to check out James Morrison but haven't yet.

I also liked The Feeling in concert but haven't had time to get their music yet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, Imogen Heap!

Vance said...

I'm OBSESSED with that Imogen Heap song I tell ya! It's gone from obscurity on my iPod to the number 2 played song EVER on my playlist.

Anonymous said...

agree - imogen heap's performance of hide and seek at her concert in the tdot was so amazing!
yes - check out james morrison. i would describe him as a cross b/w john mayer and james blunt? kinda folksy..but in a good way!

Anonymous said...

did i mention i look forward to your ipod playlists??
keep em coming.

Vance said...

Thanks!