Sunday, January 25, 2009

Best Picture Nominations List. Done!

I have now seen all 5 Best Picture nominations! More on my thoughts coming soon. As well as my Best of Movies 2008, eventually (probably by the time we're halfway through 2009 at this rate).

Only 10 more movies and I'll have seen all the films with nominations (not counting the shorts, docus, and foreigns).

So next up on my list, The Wrestler, Doubt, Revolutionary Road, Frozen River, Changeling, Bolt, Happy-Go-Lucky, Defiance, Australia, Hellboy II: The Golden Army. Somehow I have a feeling I'll never get to Hellboy II.

But yes, now that I've seen all 5 nominees for Best Picture (The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons, Frost/Nixon, Milk, The Reader, Slumdog Millionaire, my pick is still Slumdog Millionaire for Best Picture.

And while The Dark Knight is NOT PERFECT (you hear that fanboys? Yah, wanna step outside?), and I'm actually going to readjust some of the grades on my sidebar for the final tally (which I'll probably post now right before the Oscars), I do now wish that it WAS nominated. But not over The Reader. No, keep that in for SURE.

No, Benjamin Buttons should NOT be on the list. It's good. It's not great.

(The Dark Knight is really an A-, not an A, Benjamin Buttons is a B or B-, not a B+, Frost/Nixon is a B+, not an A-. Waltz With Bashir is a B, not a B+)

Vance at http://tapeworthy.blogspot.com

No comments: