Thursday, January 08, 2009

I Don't Know How To Love Him

Vance at http://tapeworthy.blogspot.com:

I do know how to love him. Check out Sam Taylor's version of "I Don't Know How To Love Him" (probably the best song from Andrew Lloyd Webber's Jesus Christ Superstar). I'm guessing since he's singing that song that he's not afraid of being publicly out. It's nice to see more and more of the younger generation just so open. It's refreshing. It's also nice to see he's hot. hehe... (a few more pics below)

His other song "Sometimes I Need You" was featured on the soundtrack to the UK show Beautiful People which reminds me, I really need to see it. (Not the lame American/Canadian show with Daphne Zuniga from Melrose Place, it's a British show from Oct/Nov 2008 with Samuel Barnett from The History Boys (the main guy that wasn't Dominic Cooper))

Thanks to FizzyPop! for the heads up. I'm also digging Matt Duke and Simon Curtis.

And while we're speaking British Pop, I just noticed Nick Lachey is stealing from Take That and releasing "Patience" as his new single. I'm not sure which version I like better actually.
Here's the Nick Lachey version:


Here's the Take That version:


I was reminded at Karaoke the other night with some friends that all those Brit Boy bands like Take That, Boyzone, and most especially Westlife are AWESOME to sing to (because their vocal ranges are about what we can all hit). Stateside, Nick Lachey and his 98Degrees group have a pretty good and easy roster too! Ditto with Jesse McCartney and BSB (N'Sync I guess too but they were always my least favorite boyband). I loved that half our group was doing old school rock or 80's alternative and the other half was doing boyband ballads from the 90's and early 2000's.

Man, I really loved that Westlife stuff. "Flying Without Wings" (which Ruben Studdard attempted to turn into a US hit and never did) is probably still my favorite!

Here's a few more shots of Sam Taylor:

No comments: