Monday, January 19, 2009

It May Be Winter in New York But Spring is Awakening Around The World

Vance at http://tapeworthy.blogspot.com:

Well, it was great while it lasted in New York. So dark... so dark...

Now let Spring Awaken in London at the Lyric Hammersmith (starting January 23, 2009), in Budapest, Hungary at Budapest Operetta and Musical Theatre (starting on 7th February 2009), in Malmö, Sweden (in March 2009 after currently being in Karlstad, Sweden), in Seoul, South Korea (in 2009), in Manilla, Philippines (premiering September 25 2009), in Vienna, Austria at the Ronacher Theatre (German-language premiere on March 21, 2009), in Dusseldorf, Germany (in March 2009), in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (in Portuguese in Summer 2009), in Helsinki, Finland (in February 2009), in Tokyo, Japan (in April 2009).

Plus there's always the National Tour around America (currently heading to Des Moines, IA and then Minneapolis, MN and on) and will make one stop in Canada in Toronto in March and April later this spring. (Tickets go on sale for the Toronto run starting Saturday, January 31st! and join the Toronto Guilty Ones on Facebook! (Run by my friend Tamara! Though I would shamelessly promote it anyways because I'm a little obsessed with the show as you may have noticed)).

In it's 859 performances and 29 previews on Broadway over the 2 years and 2 month run, I managed to see it 9 times while Spring Awakening ran on Broadway at the Eugene O'Neill Theatre. While it hasn't beaten my record of seeing Rent 11 times, that was over an 11 year period (though mostly over 3 years and then once more in 2007), so I will probably surpass my Rent record during the Toronto run (or at least tie it since I already have my subscription tickets plus I will have to do stage seats at LEAST once).

In case you missed it, here were my reviews. All of them: My 1st Review, My 2nd Review, My 3rd Review, My 4th Review, 5th Review, 7th Viewing Review, and 8th and 9th Viewing Review. (I didn't do one the 6th time I saw it. I figure I've said everything I could already. ha. 7th and on were with new cast members, hence new reviews).

It's going to be odd going to the Eugene O'Neill Theatre and not seeing the big Spring Awakening signs there.

No comments: