Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Jericho - Pilot


It's kinda getting repetitive isn't it? Big cast, spralling characters with some central story linking the all, klunky dialogue etc. etc.

However this one, Jericho, is NOT filmed like a movie and LOOKS like a low budget TV show however since it's about the world crumbling around a midwest town of Jericho, it kinda works. The show as a whole wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and despite Skeet Ulrich in the lead, I kinda enjoyed the whole show of the world during some kinda disaster with this small town trying to figure out what the heck is going on in the world.

There were some stock scenes (fights over gas at the gas station, the requisite life saving heroism by Skeet on a young child, the untrusting townspeople of the mayor (Gerald McRainey)'s actions) that were just a TAD overdone (and by TAD I mean WAY OVER). Still, I found the kid finding the answering message of his moms call from Atlanta and hearing the destruction of her world entirely eerie and chilling.

At this point, it might be a good lead into Lost (though Lost is still a MUCH MUCH MUCH better show) on Wednesday nights, and since I enjoyed the pilot far more than I thought, I'll add it to my list for now and see where it goes.

No comments: