Monday, September 25, 2006

Guilty Pleasures - Men in Trees

Yes, I'm still watching it. Yes, for some reason, I still like it despite the bland and generic voice overs. Yes, we know Anne Heche's Marin and mountain man Jack (James Tupper) should get it on and will become an annoying will-they-or-won't-they (they will. Just when?).

And yes, it is truly sad that I'm watching this on Friday nights while I should be out there par-tay-ing (of course, I wouldn't want to be out with people that would actually say "par-tay-ing") but alas, since I usually work early on Saturday mornings, I think Men In Trees has become my brainless-cause-I'm-so-tired-by-the-end-of-the-work-week-yet-I-still-have-more-work-to-go Friday night bon bon treat.

One of the things I like best is Suleka Mathews' Sara who plays the resident "lady of the night" in the town of Elmo, Alaska. This could have been a really bad character but thankfully its played with a no-nonsense humanity by Ms. Mathews (DaVinci's Inquest, The West Wing). Suleka Mathews aged herself MANY years to play Jimi Mistry's MOTHER in Touch of Pink and only NOW did I realise that the actress is actually not that old. She had such great chemistry with Kristin Holden-Ried playing mother figure that watching her play Sara in Men in Trees is quite a turnaround and fun to watch.

No comments: