Friday, July 20, 2007

One Of The Few Times You'll Actually Catch Me Reading A Book

Alright, so who else has been trying to catch up re-reading the Harry Potters in anticipation of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows?

Though I'm not going to finish on time. I'm still only a quarter way into re-reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince but I'm getting a full review tomorrow from a friend while on a little daytrip to Stratford so I think I'll be ready to read HP7 anyways.

But wait, doesn't the rest of the world get it before we do here? Hey, no fair! (Not that I would be reading it right at midnight, nor will I finish anytime this weekend even if I did.)

Still, can't wait. And its ridiculous and awesome all at the same time that they are making such a big hubbub about it. LOVE IT! I'll definitely be stopping by the Harry Potter party on Bay Street later tonight. (and works out perfectly on our way to see Hairspray!)

And yes, I much prefer the British children's cover (that Canadians also get) over the American version. And yes, I specifically request the children' cover and not the adult one.

And yes, I actually started reading Harry Potter WAY before the movies were announced. I'm not sure how I got into them since I barely ever read (I do like MAYBE 4-5 books a year at most and usually one is Harry Potter and another is anything by Dan Savage), but somehow it caught my eye (weird cause I hate fantasy usually), and bought it and devoured them like crazy. So yes, I am claiming I got into them just before the hype! Okay fine I know you don't believe me... hmphhh... (:P)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made the mistake of re-reading all the books too early and finished them two months ago. I didn't realize how quickly I would read them again. Just can't put them down. Anyway, so my HP mania fell off about 6 weeks ago, but fortunately, the movie has rejuvenated me and I will be heading out for a release party myself. Can't wait, but more importantly, can't wait to read the dang book...

Vance said...

I can't WAIT but I'm also realising. WAIT. THIS IS THE LAST BOOK. NOOOOOOOO...

so I kinda DONT want to read just to keep the anticipation going...

Yeah, I'm a REALLY SLOW READER though... ACK... Im wondering if I should bother finishing 6 before I start 7 or just jump right into it. I'm kinda afraid of spoilers leaking out after this weekend...