Tuesday, April 01, 2008

iPod Playlist - I Changed My Mind, No Joke Edition

This is not an April Fools Day joke (plus it wouldn't be funny to anybody, not even me).

I've reconsidered and I'm liking these songs/artists now (for now) (plus a second iPod list this week! (basically as filler for not writing anything real this week)):

I have to give Kanye West credit for making some pretty good music but then he speaks publicly and I'm turned off all over again. Until this song. I don't know who Estelle is, but I LOVE her voice and I love the beat, plus Kanye seems to poke fun at his own persona.

Estelle featuring Kanye West - "American Boy":




When it came down to Jordan Sparks vs. Blake Lewis in last years American Idol finale, I preferred Blake. (In fact, I preferred Melinda Doolittle over Jordan). Not that I don't like Jordan, she just doesn't excite me. Then when "Tattoo" and "Break Anotha'" came out, I still preferred Blake Lewis' single (even though it's gone nowhere but I still stand by it). But I'm loving Jordan's duo with Chris Brown (who himself, is gaining a lot of speed between decent singles and his surprisingly charming appearance on The OC last year).

Jordan Sparks Featuring Chris Brown - "No Air":




Miley Cyrus - "Start All Over":



Does't her guitarist look like a younger Alan Ruck (Ferris Bueler's Day Off, Spin City)? And does the guy she "go to" remind you of her father a bit? Creepy.

But the song is catchy, as odd as Miley is to me. She is kinda odd isn't she? Or is it just me (and now against the throngs of tweens out to get me)?

I actually even love her other song EVEN MORE ("See You Again", video after the jump below plus videos from Taylor Swift). In fact, I thought it was a Dragonette (or some band like that) song. Yikes. Cause as "artists", they couldn't be more different.

Miley Cyrus - "See You Again":




And to a certain degree, I've changed my tune on Taylor Swift. I never hated her, but she was horrible singing live on one of those award shows and I just sort of ignored the youngun. She's young. She's pretty. She sings country, and she's a marketers dream. I had to ignore her.

Plus they made a pop version of her country song "Teardrops On My Guitar". I hate that. I always like the country versions better. Until this one. The country version is good but I think I actually like the pop version more. (Both below)

Taylor Swift - "Teardrops On My Guitar" (Original Country Version with Tyler Hilton):



Taylor Swift - "Teardrops On My Guitar" (Pop Radio Remix Version):



In fact, I LOVE her whole album. It's been within my non-stop mix I've been playing for the last couple of months.

Taylor Swift - "Our Song":



Taylor Swift - "Tim McGraw":


No comments: