Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Canadian Idol - I've Actually Been Watching

...albeit on fast forward but I've been watching all the performances this year when they started with and imbalance of more guys and than girls in the Top 24 (I think it was 15 to 9), and now we only have one girl left, and lots of scruffy rocker guy types. And Gavin Rosdale was the guest mentor this week. I know he doesn't do much these days except be Mr. Gwen Stefani but he's actually kinda cool, so how the heck did Canadian Idol land him?

Okay, I don't mind most of the people left on Canadian Idol, particularly the only girl left Amberly, Mookie and Earl (and Drew and Sebastien are cute and all... and uh...) but seriously, does anybody even come close to the polish of Theo Tams? (I'm not even going to acknowledge Mark Day since I can't believe he's still in the competition)

Theo Tams seems so much more professionally prepared and polished than the others. Plus bonus points for being completely open about being gay and even making a nod to an ex-boyfriend on one of his songs. I don't see that happening on American Idol anytime soon, which is a sad statement.

Anyways, I found all the clips of Theo Tams past performances which are posted after the jump:


Theo Tams - "Apologize" - Timbaland feat. OneRepublic - Top 24 Week:


Theo Tams - "Collide" - Howie Day - Top 20 Week:


Theo Tams - "Bubbly" - Colbie Caillat - Top 16 Week:


Theo Tams - "Silly Boy Blues" - David Bowie - Top 10 Week:


Theo Tams - "No Woman No Cry" - Bob Marley - Top 9 Week:

1 comment:

NYOne said...

No, no one on the show comes close to Theo. He's adorable, genuine and consistently delivers great performances. I have a soft spot for Mookie, but he's really not on the same level.
Apparently all of Newfoundland power-votes for whoever makes it from their region, so be prepared to be baffled by Mark Day's presence for weeks to come.
Earl I do not get AT ALL. He’s seems sweet, in a short-bus kind of way, but the singing and the flailing…wha?