Thursday, July 10, 2008

Flashpoint Fridays

Flashpoint starts on CBS and CTV tomorrow night (July 11th) at 10pm (Yes, Friday's. During the summer. Which is why I'm telling you now so you can pre-set your Tivo/PVR/DVR/VCR/RW-DVD today and watch the show over the weekend as you recover from all those Mojito's you're downing Friday night hopefully before you hit your own flashing point (cause you KNOW those pictures will make their way onto facebook nowadways)).


To be honest I have no idea if Flashpoint is any good and normally, I probably would have ignored it, but it's a Canadian show filmed in Toronto that actually takes PLACE in my hometown of Toronto. Here's the description of the show from the CBS website: FLASHPOINT is a drama that depicts the emotional journey into the tough, risk-filled lives of a group of cops in the SRU (inspired by Toronto's Emergency Task Force). It's a unique unit that rescues hostages, busts gangs, defuses bombs, climbs the sides of buildings and talks down suicidal teens. Members of a highly-skilled tactical team, they're also trained in negotiating, profiling and getting inside the suspect's head to diffuse the situation to try and save lives.

Uh, not another one of THOSE shows but whatever. Toronto as TORONTO! For once! AND CBS is showing it! A first since Due South. (I know, I want to say... boy, CBS sure got desperate when the writers strike hit, but I'm not going to because it's nice to finally see a Canadian show get picked up by a major US network for once, (next year, NBC will also show the Toronto made show The Listener) and now at least there's something other than Degrassi, children's shows and all those HGTV and Food Network shows that we export).

But here me out for real! Because it stars Enrico Colantoni of Veronica Mars and Just Shoot Me fame but based on Mars alone now, I'm forever in debt to him and I'm willing to give this a chance. I owe it to Daddy Mars.

Plus if you ever wondered what happened to Julie/Amy Jo Johnson after Ben ditched her for Felicity, apparently she lingered around and then moved to Canada to star in this series!

The show also stars Hugh Dillon, he from the band The Headstones, which was probably the only time I listened to heavy rock stuff solely because I thought he was kind of hot looking back then. Though boy, he sure got old now, still, he always seemed super cool to me.

The show also stars David Paetkau (Whistler, LAX) who adds the young hottie quotient.

Here's the CBS trailer:



No comments: