Saturday, July 26, 2008

Don't Get Even, Get Madder - Mad Men Is Back For Season 2!

Even though everyone is away on vacation or outside bbq-ing, don't forget that season 2 of Mad Men starts again this Sunday (July 27th) at 10pm on AMC in the States AND for the first time in simulcast, A-Channel (CTV's offshoot channel) in Canada as well!

And since the ACTUAL ratings are way lower than the buzz level, it is time for everyone to catch up with what all the critics and bloggers are talking about because sometimes, they may actually be right and know what's good for you! (Hey, that's my mantra... "I" know what's good for you... har har (evil laugh). I placed Mad Men in my Top 10 for the Best of TV for last season!). And though Emmy doesn't always get it right, the 16 nominations probably should tell you something.

Season 2 starts off on Valentine's Day 1962, a few months ahead from when we last left off and with John F. Kennedy Jr. is now running The White House. Oh the sets! Oh the costumes! Oh the drama and intrigue and the smoking! Here's the trailer for Season 2:




Jon Hamm as Don Draper

January Jones as Betty Draper

Christina Hendricks as Joan Holloway

Elizabeth Moss as Peggy Olson

Vincent Kartheiser as Pete Campbell

John Slattery as Roger Sterling

2 comments:

Linz McC said...

To be honest, I lost interest last summer, but at the time I was catching up with Season 1 of FNL. Now I am wishing I had finished out the season...

Don Draper/Jon Hamm = Yummy.

Esther said...

I love this show. It's so stylish, it has such terrific attention to detail, and I love the period - the United States on the brink of tremendous change. I'm excited about watching these character progress through the turbulence of the 1960s. It's my favorite summer series ever!