Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Things That Make Me Happy - Future and Past TV Classics Edition

Two things made me really happy today.

Pushing Daisies is returning for at least a 13 episode pick up for next season! Woohoo! No more new episodes for this first season but at least it's returning. I'll take it. (Also returning from this seasons new batch of shows: Dirty Sexy Money, Private Practice, Samantha Who?, The Big Bang Theory, Moonlight and probably Gossip Girl, Chuck, Aliens in America)

and the Cosby kids were on Oprah. On a set that recreated the Huxtables household. That was awesome!

I know previous generations always say they wanted to be part of the Brady Bunch or Partridge Family but I grew up in wanting to either be part of the Huxtables or the Keatons. So seeing a mini reunion (minus Lisa Bonet, again, though this time her excuse was that she just had a baby, yeah, sure, like that's enough to keep you from sitting on Oprah's stage) of Sondra, Theo, Vanessa, Rudy, and Olivia. Though I find it funny/ironic/sad that of all the kids, Olivia's Raven Symone (oh, sorry, just RAVEN now) has the biggest entertainment career of them all.

Mr. Cosby made an appearance via satellite which was nice but it would have been awesome to see Phylicia Rashad. She was the ultimate TV mom. (She's appearing on Oprah soon but to promote A Raisin in the Sun which I'm excited about, to be shown on ABC Monday, Feb. 25th at 8pm)

Another thing that made me happy is that CBS is letting How I Met Your Mother is also returning.

But what will REALLY make me happy is to hear that Friday Night Lights will return in the fall. But nothing yet. And the DVD for season 2 is set for release in April. With 15 episodes. Meaning this season is done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow the Cosby show on Oprah looks fantastic. I'll need to find a video of that.