Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Maybe J.K. Rowling Will Gamble Away All Her Money And She Will Have To Write Another Harry Potter Novel...

I forgot to mention. I FINALLY finished reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. FINALLY. I did it this slowly partly because I wanted to prolong the experience since I knew there was going to be no new Harry Potter ever again (maybe?) and partly because I'm a slow reader. Okay?

I know. Everyone else finished more than a month ago. I'm a little SLOW. Anyways, it was completely... (spoilers ahead though at this point, I think I was the last holdout)


FANTASTIC. I loved the whole thing. I loved how she ended it. I loved how Harry was the last Horcrux. I even loved the camping scenes in-between to buy time to prolong the year out. I loved that Snape was good (I KNEW IT!) I loved that Luna is Luna! LOVED IT! I loved that Oliver Wood returns!

Seriously though, how are they going to make a 2-2.5 hour movie out of that? Unlike the other books, it was entirely dense with plot. Plus, I'm sure NOW they wish they covered a bit more about S.P.E.W. since it was a plot point?

Anyways, I'm satisfied with the ending and that it's over but still a little sad. I think I'll have to start from the beginning again, but never will we get to read a brand new Harry Potter book again. Maybe someone should take J.K. Rowling to Vegas...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How you could not TEAR through this book, I don't know. But that is fine. I read it in two days and was very happy with it. I agree that it will be very hard to fit this into a single movie. I am fine with a 3 1/2 hours movie if necessary.

I think J.K. Rowling is involved in the adaptation to screen to be sure that any important tidbits that would be important later (such as SPEW) would be included if they needed to be. I suspect that the screenwriters will just change the story a bit to leave SPEW out. We will probably only see Kreacher and Dobby in the last one.

Vance said...

Oh trust me. I wanted to tear right through it. but Im a SLOOOOOW Reader...