Thursday, November 13, 2008

Best New TV Shows According to... Us... So Go Watch Privileged!

We're now into November sweeps so the TV shows should be well into their groove by now. Well, unless you're Lipstick Jungle and My Own Worst Enemy which just got the axe. With new shows The Ex-List and Do Not Disturb already cancelled, and few new shows making huge impact and many returning ones losing out on viewers (Heroes because it sucks now, Pushing Daisies because people suck), it's been strange fall season not being helped by the faltering economy and that whole Palin show thing.

Still, what better time than now to be all judgy judge!?

Scooter asked some of our fellow TV bloggers for their picks for the Best New Shows (since August 2008) and did his top secret math work calculations to come up with the Best New Shows list according to... well... us! Self prophesized TV loving people who decided to write blogs about them because that's how sad our lives are we roll.

Best New TV Shows:

1. Privileged (The CW)
2. Fringe (Fox)
3. True Blood (HBO)
4. The Mentalist (CBS)
5. My Own Worst Enemy (NBC)
6. Raising the Bar (TBS)
7. Busted (MTV)
8. Gavin & Stacey (BBC America)
9. Kath & Kim (NBC)
10. Gary Unmarried (CBS)

Also receiving votes: Life on Mars, 90210, Worst Week, Whatever Martha!, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Eleventh Hour, Sons of Anarchy, The Ex-List, Rita Rocks

Voters: Dan, Ducky, Matt, Rae, Sandie, Scooter McGavin, Tube Talk Girl, Vance

Here's what I voted for (we were allowed 5 choices)

1. Gavin & Stacey (BBC America)
2. Privileged (The CW)
3. Worst Week (CBS)
4. Fringe (FOX)
5. The Mentalist (CBS)

How did TWO shows on CBS end up on my list? I MUST be getting old or something. And I actually secretly like Gary Unmarried too. Oh sad.

Though I did give Life On Mars as a 6th because I wasn't sure if Gavin & Stacey counted but apparently it does. Though I have a feeling I might have been the only one to vote for it? Seriously people. It's an AMAZING show. When you can find it.

Dan from TiFaux voted:
1. True Blood (HBO)
2. Life on Mars (ABC)
3. My Own Worst Enemy (NBC)
4. Fringe (FOX)
5. Kath and Kim (NBC)

Scooter voted:
1. Busted (MTV)
2. Gary Unmarried (CBS)
3. Raising the Bar (TNT)
4. Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Cartoon Network)
5. The Ex-List (CBS)

Apparently everyone else must have voted for Privileged since Scooter said there was a "slight consensus to Privileged and Fringe to a lesser extent with everything else a little muddled".

So what are you waiting for? Get on the Privileged bandwagon!

2 comments:

Dame James said...

Totally agreed. Privileged is the only new show besides Kath & Kim that I haven't given up on. Other than that, this season has been totally sucky with the new shows.

disfunk82 said...

I don't know too much about Priveledged, but I do love Fringe, so kudos on that call! I work for Hollywood.com so I see a lot of shows come and go (check out the Heroes Dunzo article) The Mentalist is a really good one too. For those who don't know, come check out the site, there's a lot of cool info and an overview of the shows ;)