Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Some Respect for Valkyrie

Love or hate Tom Cruise, love or hate Bryan Singer (The Usual Suspects, X-Men, X2, Superman Returns), you will have to admit that the new poster for Valkyrie is quite nicely done.

I mean, there are still a few movies I'm anticipating more (Milk, Doubt, The Reader, Frost/Nixon, Slumdog Millionaire, Australia, Yes Man) but the poster alone intrigues me. That hasn't happened in a long while.

Also, I didn't realize Kenneth Branagh, Billy Nighy, Tom Hollander, Terrence Stamp, Thomas Kretschmann and Tom Wilkinson are in it. I'm giving a bit more respect to this movie.





Here's another trailer:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it's the use of a floorplan in the poster that's catching your eye (it did for me). Though the simple colour scheme is pretty striking too.

Vance said...

I think it was the inbalance of the design at first with the credits on the side that caught my eye. Then I realized it was a floor plan and totally loved it. ha. Im so easy!

Mike Ellis, The Jolly Reprobate said...

Interesting to mix Cruise and Branagh. One has built a career of playing tough, strong, manly characters; but the other is actually strong enough to admit he likes men.