Doesn't the teaser commercial for CTV's So You Think You Can Dance Canada auditions totally rock?
Wow, that's two CTV posts in a row. You'd think I work for them. (I don't but I used to work indirectly (for one of their shows)).
I've been wanting to post this for a couple of weeks now but couldn't find it anywhere on the net, but someone finally posted a bad qualitied version up, so it'll have to do for now.
The song is apparently Tiga's "You Gonna Want Me".
Auditions begin next week on April 7th.
Check below after the jump for the full audition schedule. Get those dancing shoes on and show us your best stuff!!!
Word is the show is going to be taped at The Elgin Theatre in Toronto (which explains why Spring Awakening and the rest of the Mirvish subscription series isn't moving into the best theatre in Toronto).
Apparently it will be shown this fall on CTV (and my guess, on MTV or MuchMusic now that they own both, and the fact the commercial runs a billion times a day on those channels too).
Auditions dates and cities:
Monday, April 7
The Centre in Vancouver for the Performing Arts
777 Homer Street
Monday, May 5
961 Marginal Rd,
Monday, May 12
MacEwan Conference & Event Centre,
2500 University Drive N.W.
Tuesday, May 27
1594 St-Denis Street
Tuesday, June 10
Metro Toronto Convention Centre
John Bassett Theatre
255 Front Street West
Among the rules and regulations that should be noted for the auditions:
- Competitors must be either a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- All competitors must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Competitors must be of the age of majority in the province/territory in which they reside and no older than 30 years of age as of April 1, 2008. The age of majority is as follows: 18 years of age in Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec and Saskatchewan; and 19 years of age in British Columbia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut and Yukon.
- All competitors must provide two pieces of identification, including a government-issued photo ID (e.g. driver's licence or passport), at the audition.
- Competitors may bring a non-competing dance partner for purposes of the audition.
- All competitors must bring with them, along with the proper ID, the signed personal release, the completed preliminary questionnaire, and the music sheet. All will be available at the audition site and for download soon at dance.ctv.ca.
- All competitors are asked to bring with them the completed music sheet indicating the music they will use in their audition, along with the CD containing the indicated music.
- All songs must be "original" songs that are commercially available and cannot be a re-mix of a song, a song downloaded from the Internet, or a competitor-created mix.
- Competitors must not wear any article of clothing with visible designer, sports or any other name, logos and/or artwork subject to protection by copyright or trademark laws.
Eligible? Click to view full Eligibility Requirements!
For More on So You Think You Can Dance:
Check here for the most Recent current postings and Latest News on SYTYCD
So You Think You Can Dance - Season 3:
Live Tour - Toronto, Pasha's Solo Video, Neil's Solo Video
Finale - Winner Result
Top 4 Performances - Finals
Top 6 Performances, Top 6 Results
Top 8 Performances, Top 8 Results
Top 10 Performances, Top 10 Results
Top 12 Performances, Top 12 Results
Top 14 Performances, Top 14 Results
Top 16 Performances, Top 16 Results
Top 18 Performances, Top 18 Results
Top 20 Performances, Top 20 Results
For So You Think You Can Dance Season 2:
Favorite Video Clips
Live Tour 2006 - Toronto
Live Tour 2006 - Buffalo, Pics, More Pics
More After the Jump...