Thursday, June 14, 2007

So You Think You Can Dance - Argentine Tango To Go

Top 20 Results - And Now We're Down To 18

Opening Number with Top 20 - choreographed by Wade Robson - "Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Could See" - Busta Rhymes


Top 20 - So You Think You Can Dance


I love these opening numbers. LOVE THEM. Last year, they included Technologic, Sexy Back and Imogen Heap's Hide and Seek. LOVE THEM! I mean, I even went to the live tour TWICE. TWICE! LOVE THEM! This year, it starts with another wicked opening number though slightly less fun as Technologic but still, pretty good utilization of the diverse dancers throughout the space and bringing them all together at the end is what we all wait to see in these group numbers.

So, I also like that they get right to the point with the elimination since they need to leave room for the judges to deliberate live during the show.

So bottom 3 pairs based on last nights performances were:
Sabra and Dominic who danced the Disco.
Ashlee and Ricky who danced the Argentine Tango.
Faina and Cedric who danced Hip Hop.

Mary Murphy says America got it wrong, but seriously, who else would you replace into the bottom three? Everyone else was terrific. I think they got it right. Good job America!

Uh, Benji, what's with the sideburns and red gloves?
Benji performs to "Tu Vuo' Fa L'Americano" - The Guy Barker International Quintet, Matt Damon, Vincent Fiorello, Jude Law - The Talented Mr. Ripley soundtrack.



The Elimination Dance Off begins:
Sabra - "Shine" - David Gray - goes first. I think I really like her. I think I still hate that 3-2-1-So-You-Think-You-Can-Dance thing still that ends the solos. It's not cute anymore (though, was it ever?).

Dominic - "Let's Groove" - Earth, Wind & Fire - that head spinning thing was kinda crazy. The shirt off? Shameless but cute.

Ashlee - "Cry Me A River" - Barbra Streisand - I like her. I don't love her, but she deserves to stay.

Ricky - "Virtual Insanity" - Jamiroquai - Okay, solo he's pretty good. He still needs to wash that hair though.

Faina - "Ain't No Other Man" - Christina Aguilera - Okay. I think my friend was right. She might be out tonight. Hmm... their family really has no chance in this competition do they? (Her brother Stanislav was the first male out of the Top 20 last year).

Cedric - "Dream Within Dream" - Wade Robson - I don't love him but he IS good. I'll give him that.

Lloyd performs "Get It Shawty" and he's not very good live. Who is this clown?

Oh, I was wrong. Actually, my friend was wrong. Ashlee is gone and Faina lasts longer than her brother. Oh, there's a new goodbye song. Ryan Cabrera's "I Will Remember You" (also used in the Will & Grace finale). Hmm... more sentimental than last year's kick out song ("Suddenly I See" by KT Tunstall).

WOO!!! Dominic is safe and Ricky and his greasy hair is out of here. Sayonara! It was nice not really knowing you! Grease is obviously NOT the word!

Hmm... Ricky and Ashlee, partners, are both out. Harsh. So no new couplings next week. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the group number, as us... (well how to you shorten "usual" when writing it out?). I found it interesting that I couldn't tell which girl was which and it was less distracting than usual. Wade Robson kills the choreography every time.