Thursday, August 16, 2007

So You Think You Can Dance - The Season 3 Winner!

So You Think You Can Dance Season 3 Finale - The Winner

(UPDATE: For the SYTYCD Season 4 Winner Results Finale, click HERE)

Oh thank god Sabra won!

UPDATE: I've added all the video clips of the nights best-of performances.

But what a show of the best of! (Is this what the tour is going to be like? Thank goodness Hok, Shauna, Jesus and Anya are going to be the alternates! Yey!)

Anyways, YEY SABRA!!!

(In the meantime, there were a LOT of judges and MY favorite dances that seemed to involve Neil who I had defended all season but even I didn't realise how many good ones he danced).

Anyways, here were the best dances of the season according to the judges (with direction from the producers I'm sure).

The opening "Lion Hunt" Dance (originally from the Top 16 Elimination) was choreographed by Tyce DiOrio to "The Lioness Hunt" - The Lion King (Original Broadway Cast)
Here is the video clip:

Top 20 Dance Finals

Lauren Gottleib and Pasha Kovalev - Hip Hop "Transformers" routine - choreographed by Shane Sparks to "Fuego" - Pitbull
Here is the video clip:

Pasha and Lauren Final
I know Pasha isn't perfect in his Hip Hop but I always love watching him do it anyways. He's so damn entertaining!

Brandon Norris - The Clogger to "The Way I Are" - Timbaland ft. Keri Hilson & D.O.E.
Here is the video clip:

Brandon The Clogger
This kid and his clogging? Oh. My. God. I want to squeeze his cheeks like how everyone's Aunt Ida squeezes them until you want to punch her except you don't because she will always give you a $20 bill to go eat McDonalds if you can survive the pinch. So ADORABLE. The face belongs on somewhere in Andy Griffithsland and the feet are just insane!

Jaimie Goodwin and Hok Konishi - Jazz - "The Hummingbird and Flower" routine - choreographed by Wade Robson to "The Chairman's Waltz" - Memoirs of a Geisha soundtrack
Here is the video clip:

Jaimie and Hok Finals
Still beautiful!

Sabra Johnson and Dominic Sandoval - Hip Hop - choreographed by Shane Sparks to "Make It Work" - Ne-Yo
Here is the original performance video clip:

Dominic and Sabra Week 4
Hot! This was a damn good pair and they were practically dancing as one sometimes.

Sara Von Gillem and Neil Haskell - Disco - choreographed by Doriana Sanchez to "Knock On Wood" - Rachel Stevens
Here is the video clip:

Sara and Neil in Finals
One of the most fun dances to watch all season! Everything is perfect. The colours on the costumes, the attitude, the glittery dancing!

Bryan Grayson - from Atlanta Auditions - to "Ain't No Other Man" - Christina Aguilera
Here is the video clip:

Brian Dancing in FinalsI don't know. I DO think he must be a robot to be able to move like that!

Top 8 Group Dance - Hip Hop - choreographed by Shane Sparks to "Get Up" - Ciara
Here is the video clip:

Top 8 Perform in FinalsVery cool. Not my favorite group dance or Shane Spark routine but still enjoyable.

Lacey Schwimmer and Danny Tidwell - Samba - choreographed by Dmitry Chaplin to "Hip Hip Chin Chin" - Club Des Belugas
Here is the video clip:

Danny and Lacey in Finals
Lacey looks so good in her element and makes this whole thing hot and sexy!

Sara Von Gillern and Pasha Kovalev - West Coast Swing - choreographed by Benji Schwimmer to "Rockafeller Skank" - Fatboy Slim
Here is the video clip:

Pasha and Sara in Finals
Benji laced this with his energy and humour and Pasha and Sara totally are game in passing the fun through their dancing.

Anya Garnis and Danny Tidwell - Fox Trot - choreographed by Jean-Marc Genereux to "It Had To Be You" - Brian Evans
Here is the video clip:

Anya and Danny in Finals
I barely remember this from the competition and it's not a standout for me or anything, but I will say this again, I had rewatched some of the earlier Top 20 episodes and I think Anya was underappreciated and a lot better and stronger than we gave her credit for. We kept looking at Danny's long extensions and twirls but she was just as good, if not better (particularly in the Dan Karaty piece).

Sara Von Gillern and Jesús Solorio - Jazz - choreographed by Wade Robson to "Cabaret Hoover" - The Triplets of Belleville (soundtrack)
Here is the video clip:

Jesus and Sara in Finals
This was simply brilliant and one of my favorites right from the start in the early days of the competition and was one of the first routines to prove to me that Sara was WAY more than her B-Girl beginnings.

Sabra Johnson and Neil Haskell - Jazz "The Table Meeting" routine - choreographed by Mandy Moore to "Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)" - Eurythmics
Here is the video clip:

Neil and Sabra in Finals
Um, it was only from recently and I've already re-played this clip on my TV a few too many times that I'm sure the image of the table has been burned onto the screen.

Mia Michael's Imogen Heap Group Dance (Originally from Top 10 Elimination) - choreographed by Mia Michaels to "The Moment I Said It" - Imogen Heap
Here is the video clip:

Repeat of Imogene Heap Opening Dance
Mia Michaels should just always choreograph to Imogen Heap. Still like last years better but this was still terrific.

Ryan Cabrera performs "I Will Remember You". When did Ryan turn into Jack White? I like the song a LOT though, which is very un-Jack White.

Lacey Schwimmer and Neil Haskell - Contemporary - choreographed by Mia Michaels to "Time" - Billy Porter
Here is the video clip:

Lacey and Neil in Finals
I know some people got weepy and loved it, some didn't buy it and thought it was basically skipping. I didn't cry or weep but I still loved it.

So there you have the final show, where Sabra was eventually crowned the worthy winner. Woo! Now onto the tour and onto season 4!

So You Think You Can Dance - Season 4:

Finale - SYTYCD Season 4 Winner Results
Top 4 Performances
Top 6 Performances and Results 6 to 4
Top 8 Performances, Results 8 to 6
Top 10 Performances, Results 10 to 8
Top 16, 14 and 12 Weeks Recaps by Vance again
Top 12 Performances, Results 12 to 10 - Guest Blogger Linz McC
Top 14 Performances, Results 14 to 12 - Guest Blogger Linz McC
Top 16 Performances, Results 16 to 14 - Guest Blogger Linz McC
Top 18 Performances, Results 18 to 16
Top 20 Performances, Results 20 to 18
Introducing the Top 20

Auditions:
Callbacks in Las Vegas - The Top 20 Revealed - What Happens In Vegas
Milwaukee, WI - How The Midwest Was Won
Charleston, South Carolina and Washington D.C. - S.C.D.C. The New Electric (Boogaloo) Term!
Salt Lake City and Dallas - Yeehaw Utah!
Los Angeles - It's Time To Put On Those Dancing Shoes Again Kids!

For More on Season 3 of So You Think You Can Dance:
Check here for the most Recent current postings and Latest News on SYTYCD
Finale - Winner Result
Top 4 Performances - Finals
Top 6 Performances, Top 6 Results
Top 8 Performances, Top 8 Results
Top 10 Performances, Top 10 Results
Top 12 Performances, Top 12 Results
Top 14 Performances, Top 14 Results
Top 16 Performances, Top 16 Results
Top 18 Performances, Top 18 Results
Top 20 Performances, Top 20 Results
For So You Think You Can Dance Season 2:
Favorite Video Clips
Song List
Live Tour - Toronto
Live Tour - Buffalo, Pics, More Pics

Videos Uploaded by mickeymcc

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that Sabra is my hero! She was so consistant all season, and so chipper the whole time. I was afraid with the largely female audience that Danny would be given the title (not that he is not extraordinary, he certainly would have deserved it just as much, and I loved how he progressed and seemed to enjoy himself more towards the end), however, it was nice that the women stuck up for one of their own. A female best dancer! YAY SABRA!!

Anonymous said...

Yay i love Sabra!!!! I'm soooo glad she won!!!! She was my fav. right from the beginning, her and Dominic.

Anonymous said...

First, Yay for Sabra!!!

Second, I was waiting for a High School Musical 2 post so I could let out my excitement, so I'll just say it here.
How excited are you for tonight?!!!!

Vance said...

Well, I've been a little behind because Im saving for a huge post come the new week where I will def. report on HSM2!!! So excited and if it weren't for the fact I just got sick, i'd jump. So at this point. a small yey between coughs. (my schedule and around the world travels finally took a toll on my body)

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say, that I totally totally agree about Yayness about Sabra winning, Sadness about Neil not winning or getting second (but understandable cause he peaked at dancing a little late T_T but when he did he was AWESOME), complete love for Neil (He's THE BEST!), and most importantly THE FRIGGIN TABLE DANCE!!! GAH THAT'S THE BEST DANCE OF THE WHOLE SEASON!!! NOTHING CAN BEAT IT, not even the Neil Lacey Contemporary (I didn't buy it...), Sabra and Neil are the best and that dance was the ultimate best. Even Sabra said in her interviews that that and her and Dom's hiphop were her fave routines :D I loved it lots :D

Vance said...

Yup, I JUST typed into my computer that Neil should have been second at least in my SYTYCD Live Tour report which I should be posting with the hour. And that the Table Dance is my FAVORITE of the season!

Anonymous said...

I have the impression that second place and third place finishers get the same prize money or salary (I dunno). If yes, then Neil was better off finishing in third place because he was given the chance to say a thank you speech when he got eliminated and given a nice good-bye or send-off by the show.

Vance said...

Well, according to the official rules, only the winner gets a prize and even second place gets bupkiss. Unofficially who knows... (since Survivor people apparently get paids depending one how long they last).

But they do all get paid for the tour.