Saturday, February 21, 2009

And The Hugh Goes To...

You know everyone's going to be complaining about the Oscars again on Monday but I'm just going to say this now. I'm gonna LOVE IT. Ya ya, it's possibly one of the most predictable Oscars since Titanic now with Slumdog leading the way (although if you think about it, it's still pretty amazing since it wasn't even on the radar just 6 months ago until it debuted at the Toronto International Film Festival).

But with Hugh Jackman hosting! How can he go wrong? All he has to do is stand there and smile and I'll be happy (and I imagine that goes for all women, gays and straight male comic book fans too, which pretty much covers almost everybody (who counts)).

Though if Hugh could just go shirtless for part of the show, it would be spectacular!

And I know I'm gonna hear people say... what was with the musical numbers? but you KNOW I'm gonna LOVE IT. I think I almost fell off the treadmill when I heard Hugh talk about it on Oprah yesterday.

Hugh Jackman! Anne Hathaway! Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens from High School Musical 3 (hey, where's Ashley Tisdale's nomination?) and Dominic Cooper and Amanda Seyfried from Mamma Mia! It's going to be a musical extravaganza and I can't wait! (Also, apparently if you want to start dating someone, just co-star in a movie musical) Or as Dame James likes to put it, a "batshit crazy musical sequence". Seriously! Can't wait! And produced by Baz Luhrman. It might be a complete mess but it's going to be a visually stunning star studded mess!



As Esther pointed out. Look at those biceps on Hugh. Holy moly. At least if he can't go FULLY shirtless at the Oscars (what, is that crass?), then he can at least wear cutoff's and show those puppies at some point.


Vance at http://tapeworthy.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Esther said...

Thanks for the shoutout, Vance! Yeah, I thought those biceps were pretty amazing. I was thinking maybe he could wear one of those t-shirts that looks like a tuxedo! And I forgot the opening number was being produced by Baz. I'm really looking forward to it!