Friday, February 27, 2009

Let's Play Ball With Jake Gyllenhaal: The Musical!

OMG. And the musical news keeps coming. Now THIS!

I hope this isn't just rumours because that would be cruel. Variety is claiming that Jake Gyllenhaal will play Boyd in a new musical movie version of Damn Yankees. I think I would have preferred gay stage hottie Cheyenne Jackson who commanded the stage with his Boyd in last summer's Encores revival, but Gyllenhaal will do!

Apparently, Jim Carrey will also make his musical debut playing the Devil. No word on who will be Lola but considering Craig Zadan and Neil Meron (Hairspray, Chicago) are producing, I see Catherine Zeta Jones as a possibility. Who else would be good?

New Line will produce the film. I wonder if they are going to shoot in Toronto (like they did Chicago and Hairspray)? OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! (And hey, it's Jim Carrey's hometown!).

Here's some photos of Jake Gyllenhaal. Just because:

Vance at http://tapeworthy.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Esther said...

Wow, this is pretty incredible. What a newsy week musical wise! I love Jake but I'm not a Jim Carrey fan.