Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Other Announcement From DC Last Night

Is it me or is it weird that there are two Canadian Embassy Award Categories in the D.C. Helen Hayes Theatre Awards.

Boy, Eric Schaeffer and the Signature Theatre sure did clean up in the musical categories. Kind of makes up for bombing on Broadway with Glory Days.

I had never heard of the theatre a year ago and since, I've gone back 6 times! Not bad considering I live in Toronto! Of the 6, their Kiss of the Spider Woman was still my favorite and landed in the #3 in my Best of Stage list for last year. Their production of The Visit also landed on the list.

I'm happy to see noms for Jennifer Damiano and Aaron Tveit in Next to Normal and Andrew C. Call for Les Mis (amongst the many many many other acting nominations for Signature productions).

Next up, I must check out some stuff at the Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company. Dan from TiFaux keeps mentioning it as a great place for great less mainstream stuff.

Vance at http://tapeworthy.blogspot.com

No comments: