Saturday, June 21, 2008

The TV Blog Coalition - Take Pride or Take Off

It's Pride Week! It's St. Jean Baptist Day week in Quebec! It's the end of the school year (I think the hooting and hollering from the teachers are louder than the students)! The 2007-2008 TV Season is officially over (to me at least, now that Men In Trees has finally finished even though CityTV in Toronto screwed up the last 3 episodes).

So summer is here and Summer TV is in full gear with way too much reality TV, some great (SYTYCD), some guilty pleasures (The Bachelorette), and some just plain bad (I'm not even going to dignify them by naming them), but that's not all, there's some pretty damn good new scripted television with My Boys, Weeds, Secret Diary of a Call Girl already here with Burn Notice about to return. CBS actually has Swingtown and Flashpoint for the summer and if you're in Canada, CTV is FINALLY showing Mad Men and Greek.

Or, uh, if you're like me, you're running off on vacation. I'll be off in Europe for 2 weeks later this week (and argh. I miss Pride Toronto again. Why do people I know keep scheduling weddings on that weekend?), and when I return, I'll be off again for work, then another week in New York to see more shows, then back to the world for work. So essentially, I'll be gone for most of July. I'll post when I can, and I have guest blogger Linz from Linz McC's Completely Pointless Blog helping me out for a few weeks with the So You Think You Can Dance posts but I'll chime in when I can, but it may be a little slower over the next few weeks (then again, I've said that since Jan. when I thought I would be slowing down on blogging).

Anyways, you can always check in with the fellow TV bloggers (though a couple of them are also on vacation for the next few weeks and taking time off from blogging) to keep up with what the buzz is about:

It may be the Summer hiatus, but Buzz still has a few questions for Grey's Anatomy. (BuzzSugar)

If you know the significance of the 'bench dance', understand the genius of Mia Michaels, and secretly want to be on the Hot Tamale Train then you should check out GMMR & Ducky's So You Think You Can Dance podcast. (Give Me My Remote)

Marcia found herself thoroughly underwhelmed by The Middleman. (Pop Vultures)

On the set of Burn Notice, Rae discovers that Jeffrey Donovan's just as cool as his alter-ego Michael Westen. (RTVW)

Low production value, cheesy stories and 30 points for yet another "sassy" female lead, but The Middleman is actually entertaining. (Scooter McGavin's 9th Green)

Vance video recaps The Tony Awards since apparently, no one watched it on TV. By the way, go see In The Heights, Passing Strange and Xanadu (for real!)! All fantastic! Take a look at the clips for proof! (Tapeworthy)

Dan didn't see the mid-season finale of Battlestar Galactica coming -- that's for dang sure. This week, he mulled the twist ending as well as the concept of merging our world with Battlestar's. (TiFaux)

Jennifer thinks the Oscars and Emmys should take a cue from the TV Land Awards. You haven’t lived until you’ve seen Horshack from Welcome Back Kotter, Nellie Oleson from Little House on the Prairie, and Doc from The Love Boat dressed in their trademark costumes flying through the air, or the paparazzi catching a panty-free crotch shot of Mama from Mama’s Family. Add in the cast of The Office, Wilhelmina Slater, Justin Timberlake and a Lionel Richie concert, and the TV Land Awards were just about perfect. (Tube Talk)

This week, the TV Addict posted his theory on the highly anticipated spin-off of THE OFFICE and visited the set of BURN NOTICE (the TV Addict)

Raoul talked to loudmouth Jen from Hell's Kitchen. (TV Filter)

No comments: