Tuesday, May 06, 2008

iPod Music Playlist - An Ode To Straight Love Edition

Here's a new batch of love and anti-love songs that I'm enjoying. I didn't say I LOVE these new love songs. Just like. For now. Until something better comes along.

(And if you notice the devolvement in negativity for love as you scroll down past the jump, that's just coincidental... hey, I didn't write about straight love, you all did! I'm really a romantic at heart (I know, hard to believe. Shut up!))

(Plus Josh Kelley's brother has a band! Yah! Josh Kelley. Who? Aw fergedit... just check the last video in this post)

Gavin DeGraw! Where have you been? I almost sent out a search and rescue party! So I've been hearing his new song on the radio for a while now and it (like all his songs) is totally getting into my head.

He appears on One Tree Hill tonight to plug the new song. I guess he has to repay them for taking one of his songs as the theme song and catapulting him from obscurity.

Gavin DeGraw - "In Love With A Girl":

Banner 2 Banner 1 go!



I'm also loving this country song from newcomer James Otto. It's got quite the monotonous beat which is what I think i love about it the most.

James Otto - "Just Got Started Lovin' You":



I love practically the whole Colbie Caillat album CoCo but they really did pick another great single to put out.

Colbie Caillat - "Realize":



I don't know who this guy Nathan Angelo is but I'm liking some of his stuff. He reminds me of a Josh Kelley type.

Nathan Angelo - "Playing Through Me":



You can download a few of his tracks here (user name: nathan, password: angelo)

Sporty Spice! Mel C. is already moving on from the Spice Girls reunion throwing out a new solo single and like all her stuff, I kinda like it but don't love it, but still like it enough.

Melanie C - "Carolyna":



In possibly one of the worst band names I've come across, the look of the band was not what I was expecting. It's not the best song but it's kind of a catchy country song, and if there's a measurement of a decent country song, it's that I can picture myself listening to it while driving on a road trip across America.

Plus, I don't usually dig beards but the lead singers beard and hair is kinda rowr...(OH, he's Charles Kelley, brother of Josh, brother-in-law of Katherine Heigl, Wow, no wonder he's got such a deep sexy voice)

(again, not a look I expected to hear from a band named:)

Lady Antebellum - "Love Don't Live Here Anymore":

3 comments:

Linz McC said...

Yeah I really didn't have you pegged for a country music fan. Now, I am from Texas, so I got a little country in my roots. I like this song :)

Vance said...

I think I have all but 2 Garth Brooks albums! (one was that Chris Gaines one so that doesnt really count).

Love Rascal Flatts, Alison Krauss, Brad Paisley, JOSH TURNER!!!, Dierks Bentley, Trisha Yearwood, Tim McGraw, Dixie Chicks, Josh Gracin etc etc...

You'd be surprised how many Country cd's I have in my asian boy from the big city in Canada would have!

Unknown said...

Hello! I'm a newcomer to the blog and I'm loving it! Thanks for giving props to Nathan Angelo! He's pretty fantastic live and a really nice guy :)