Thursday, May 22, 2008

When Technology Attacks My Perfect Plans

You know, PVR's are so great (or some know it as DVR, not as fancy versions of Tivo's). It allows us to watch everything on Thursday night TV. Like being able to first watch the So You Think You Can Dance premiere, then the Ugly Betty finale, then the Grey's Anatomy finale, and still get to bed at a reasonable time. How great, on the night I was already debating about (and skipping the premiere of Indiana Jones for a later date). So great!

At least WHEN IT WORKS.

WHY OH WHY does it choose TODAY to keep screwing up, crashing constantly and rebooting itself every 5 minutes when I tried to watch anything on record?

This is a big deal. Um, my blog is CALLED Tapeworthy. That would presume I tape things to watch.

ARGH...

stoopid technology.

I know I know, there are typhoons, earthquakes, starvation, the Chinese government and the Republican party out there so life could be worse.

But THURSDAY NIGHT TV! ON ABC FINALE NIGHT! SYTYCD PREMIERE NIGHT! WHY OH WHY TONIGHT?

I'm so pissed off. Plus my Internet has been spotty too. I hate Rogers (the company that provides both cable TV and cable Internet here) even if it's not directly their fault. I'm that angry and irrational right now. I work long hours okay, and I usually get back after primetime starts, so I NEED this.

Murphy was out to spite me for having everything just too perfectly arranged right?

(You know my life is pretty good when this is the big catastrophe for the day).

So in the end I had to watch things live and catch up on the rest with the West coast feed. And skip sleep.

1 comment:

Scooter McGavin said...

I hope everything got back to normal before it reached calling tech support. I spent an hour with some English as a second language after my cable company changed their software without making sure it was compatable with the old hardware thus making miss the season finales of The Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother. I am still considering booking a flight to India just to smack the dude while I wait until Thursday until it is fixed. (Hopefully)