Friday, October 12, 2007

Music(als) for the Weekend

Legally Blonde the Musical, the one on Broadway right now, is going to be shown on MTV (USA) this Saturday from 1pm - 4pm, so you can save yourself the $111 and just watch it there. Granted, I normally would still recommend going to the theatre live, but its $111, and really, nothing is really worth that much.

Still, I actually liked it a LOT more than I thought I would, considering I was denouncing the thing before I even saw it, but I also only paid $26 for seats (thanks to my sister and her student card... hehe) in the second row so I was already happy that I got a good deal.

Also, last week I went to see Mat Kearney play in a little club in Toronto and this weekend, his Columbus, Ohio performance will be streamed live this Saturday at 8pm at YeboTV here (though you have to sign in).


3 comments:

Liz said...

WOAH, thanks for the Legally Blonde tip! I had no clue!

Anonymous said...

I hope you're getting a friend in the US to record it for you! Wouldn't it be great if MTV Canada bothered to air any of the same shows that MTV in the states does?

Vance said...

Uh, YEAH!! Of course! I emailed my friends two weeks ago and kept reminding them to program it in. I know. I'm annoying. haha...

(I just worry cause they aren't the greatest at working there Recordable DVD thingy...)

Sadly, I'm not returning to NY until at least Dec to get it.

It would have been much easier if MTV Canada actually did some of the same stuff as MTV USA.