Monday, October 20, 2008

Tag, I'm It

The fabulous ModFab (wait, is that redundant?) tagged me in a meme and while I pretend to get annoyed at meme's, I secretly love being chosen for one, especially from ModFab who is so cool that I always feel like the nerdy kid vying for his respect.

Oh, in the course of preparing this post, Esther at Gratuitous Violins tagged me too. (And a couple of people I was going to tag have already been). Love how quickly these things get around.

Sadly, I usually take these things way more seriously than someone should (mB, I'm STILL thinking about those 12 Movies from the meme you did months ago, so I didn't actually forget, I'm just STILL thinking about my choices).

Here are The Rules: Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog - some random, some weird. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.

The 7 Facts: after the jump.

1. In no particular order, I've worked as a bank teller, architect (intern), coffee barista, tutor, set designer, flight attendant, civil engineer (intern), street placard holder, interior design technician. (Often two at a time. Try to guess which pairings I've had) And I never had my first job until I hit university. And I turned down a job this year, I may be leaving my current one, all to push myself into a new direction, which is possibly a stupid thing to do in this economy.

2. After watching Pretty Woman when I was a kid, I wanted to be a hooker when I grew up.

3. I surprisingly throw a mean football. Especially since I throw a baseball pretty wimpily.

4. I went all the way to grade 10 Royal Conservatory Piano and then quit. And now I can't play a lick of piano. But I think it did ingrain the notes in my brain that I can sing well enough at Karaoke to impress my friends. Though that's about the limit at this point. I'm smart enough to know that Simon Cowell would still make fun of me.

5. I have lived in Brussels, London (UK), Montreal and of course, my birthplace and current hometown Toronto. In total I have visited 29 countries on 5 continents. 8 of the 13 Provinces and Territories in Canada, and 35 States (+DC) in America.

6. Wedding season is OVER for the year after attending the last 2 this past weekend, making a grand total of 6 this year. Which is break from the 12 I attended last year (out of 14 invites). And I believe for a grand total of about 52-54 (I lost exact count now) during my adult life. I hear that's a lot. Love the couples and all, and I have fun, but still! The gift giving practically requires me to get another job. At least I'm a guy and I don't have to buy a new dress each time.

7. I wasn't allowed to watch a lot of TV when I was kid (only The Cosby Show, Family Ties and Fame (explains a lot doens't it?) and the educational kid shows on TVO (Ontario's version of PBS)). No Saturday Morning cartoons, nothing. So to parents out there? It doesn't work. Cause we just make up for it later in life.


The Tagged Bloggers:
A Blog Next Door
Low Resolution
Rants of a Diva
The Rural Juror
Televisionary
Dan at TiFaux
The TV Addict

2 comments:

Esther said...

Wow, your parents must have wanted you to be a conservative doctor or lawyer who could carry a tune! You've also been to more states than I have.

Unknown said...

My parents also had me on TV lockdown until the age of about 12. And I've gone tv-crazy ever since I got cable. Really, it doesn't work.