Monday, September 24, 2007

Admin, Ad Men, Mad Men

I swear to god, I was about to switch my tagline today in the above title from "i like to watch" to "you are what you watch" or "I judge what you watch" (or a variation on that "I judge you on what you watch"?) and then this excellent article comes out in the New York Times. (any favorites by the way?)

and as you know by now if you read my blog regularly, I love Reba and I'm not even ashamed to admit it anymore.

Also, speaking of which, I discovered Mad Men this weekend and I was totally hooked right away.

I would have been hooked earlier but I didn't realise I actually GET that channel, then I discovered that my on-demand function for TV was actually free (oh oh, MORE free TV??? Crap... like I don't have enough time already?) and realised Mad Men was one of the options. I only had time to watch the first episode and cursed, it had to be the weekend right before this week of fall premieres when my entire scheduled is already packed enough.

Crap, why didn't I watch Mad Men this summer instead of Big Brother? Silly me. (Again, it's amazing what I discover when I'm bored and start flipping to the higher up channels).

Anyways, John Hamm is my new hero, except for all that smoking part. And Elizabeth Moss as Peggy is FANTASTIC. Always loved John Slattery so nothing more to add there, and Vincent Kartheiser might finally redeem himself (or found the role that perfectly suits his slightly angelic sleeziness to good use) for being Connor on Angel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always loved Vincent as Connor so he doesn't need to redeem himself at all.