Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Suddenly, I'm Going To Post This Now

Just because I love me some Kerry Butler and there was this interview with her from Broadway.com (that AfterElton brought to my attention the one day I don't check that site) I'm going to do it today.

I've been watching the clip with Kerry Butler and Curtis Holbrook from the Broadway in Bryant Park from this past summer a few too many times. I love that he brings a more skaterboyness to the role of Sonny Malone in Xanadu's "Suddenly".



However, Cheyenne Jackson rocked the role, and they were on The View two weeks ago performing the same song "Suddenly" (video after the jump). So cute. Love this song. Love when they do that quick twisty fingers touching moment. LOVE Kerry's fake Australian accent. Seriously. It's worth the price of admission alone.



I hope they figure out what to do with the cast recording soon because as much as I adore the original version with Olivia Newton John, I want to hear the new one with Cheyenne Jackson and Kerry Butler (who so rocked the Hairspray Original Broadway Cast Recording as Penny Pingleton) though I guess there's that little issue of poor James Carpinello (apparently they still haven't figured out who to use for the Cast Recording).

No comments: