Sunday, September 16, 2007

Emmy's Well Rounded

Okay, I caught abotu 3/4 of it, and not so bad so far actually. Here are some random thoughts:

YEY for America Ferrera for winning Best Actress Comedy!

Tina Fey looked HOT tonight!

Okay, fine, other than Two and a Half Men sneaking into far too many categories, many actually were a pretty good list of nominees (once I factor out that Friday Night Lights is the new Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer that get no Emmy love (I will also lend my support to The Wire and Battlestar Galactica fans)).

Love that Jaime Pressly won!

Elaine Stritch really needs to guest on more shows. She's got decades of comic genius in her.

Steve Carrell accepting the award for Ricky Gervais' win for Extras was a hoot! As was his own presentation with clips from the rest of the cast talking about working with Steve.

Ryan Seacrest, while not great, was not horrible.

I thought I would hate it but I kinda liked the theatre in the round thing, maybe it's the set designer in me. that or I'm a sucker for those round screens that kept floating up and down.

I can always watch the Jersey Boys but that really was a stretch tying it to The Sopranos.

Uh, James Spader won? hmm... he's good but best? I don't know about that. (Again, Kyle Chandler really should have been nominated and WINNING the damn award).

Wow, 30 Rock won Best Comedy! Awesome!

And while The Sopranos won Best Drama, I'm glad it didn't sweep. In fact. Did anything? I like that.

Alright, bedtime, I may expand on this in the morning.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Yeah, I was a little thrown by James Spader's win, too. I mean, I really love the guy, and I love his show, but...um...really? Over Hugh Laurie? REALLY?

jlee said...

Over James Gandolfini? The episode in which he took the mushrooms was award-worthy. I LOVE YOU TONY SOPRANO.

Anonymous said...

oops, I meant Peyote, not mushrooms. Same shit, different pile.