Friday, September 21, 2007

Fall TV Preview - What's Tapeworthy on Fridays

For once, I can actually do a Fall TV Preview for Fridays and actually CARE! I don't know if that says anything about the poor shows relegated to "the death slot" but at least they are still on the air. Anyways, I'm getting too old to go out all the time so maybe I'll use this as an excuse and save my energy for Saturdays (which is really the death slot, so I won't be doing a TV Preview for Saturdays). So, I guess people kept complaining because showing the best show currently on television, Friday Night Lights, on any night other than Fridays was far too confusing for people (and you wonder why the economy is going down the toilet? If they can't even deal with Friday Night Lights on Tuesdays or Wednesdays?).


Here's the Fall TV Preview for Fridays:


All times Eastern based on current scheduled times and all times pm. Green = New Show, Blue = Returning Show, Red = Must Watch Live

NBC's the winner solely for keeping Friday Night Lights.

8:00 - 9:00

Friday Night Lights - IN CANADA ONLY Global 8:00 - 9:00 - *****WATCH LIVE - Just watch okay? Go get the Season 1 DVD and catch up before Oct. 5th when Season 2 starts. I forced one of my best friends to finally sit down and watch (after she had been unimpressed while catching some parts in the middle), and now she's a convert, like I knew she'd be. If I must, I'm going to come to each and everyone's house and tie you down to watch this until you realise how right I (along with all the other bloggers and critics) am right. Best show on Television. Period.

9:00 - 10:00

Friday Night Lights - NBC 9:00 - 10:00 - *****WATCH LIVE - Must I continue? It's a soap opera. It's a sports show. It's a family show. It's a gritty drama. It's somehow hilarious and touching. It's heartbreaking. It's extremely real. It's extremely dramatic. It's beautifully shot. There are beautiful (but realistic non-plastic) people. Not convinced? Hold on... I'm bringing my rope and getting in my car right now...




Moonlight - CBS/CTV 9:00 - 10:00 - TAPE - This looks REALLY bad (I haven't seen the pilot yet) but there is one reason why I'm going to watch and his name is Jason Dohring, better known as Logan Echolls on Veronica Mars. Damnit, they totally suckered me in, shoot, I'll bite.






10:00 - 11:00

Men in Trees - ABC/CITY 10:00 - 11:00 - ***1/2WATCH - I actually really enjoy this series which I've mentioned before, is the cotton candy equivalent on TV, except it actually has a few nutrients in it, at least more than you would have expected. The side characters are all fantastic (my favorite of course is Patrick Bachelor and Sara) and Anne Heche actually is NOT annoying as the lead.


Shows I Like In Theory But Don't Watch Anymore: Without a Trace (on CTV in Canada).

Shows I Just Gave Up On: Las Vegas.

Shows I Didn't Realise Still Existed: Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader, Deal, Or No Deal, Numb3rs, Ghost Whisperer, 20/20 .

New Shows I Don't Care About: Nashville, Women's Murder Club.


For the Fall TV Preview for the rest of the week:
Mondays
Tuesdays
Wednesdays
Thursdays
Fridays
Sundays


See Sidebar for Pilot Reviews

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's Degrassi?! Because it doesn't start 'til November in Canada?

Vance said...

Actually, it's scheduled in Canada for Tuesdays at 9pm after Dancing with the Stars finishes around November but it also depends on how well Gossip Girl and Pushing Daisies or the other new shows do. I have no idea when The N is scheduling new Degrassi Season 7 eps for yet.

umberhaven said...

Looking forward to the premiere of Men In Trees. Since their first season was cut short by about 5 episodes, their 2nd season will be approx. 27 episodes long.

Moonlight was actually not that bad. Not great either, but it has potential. I like the twist about the reporter having been a part of Mick St. John's past. The previews make it look like they develop a romance. That's fine, but I'd like them to take their time with it and have them build up a genuine friendship first.

Stargate: Atlantis was awesome, as their season premieres & finales often are. Unfortunately, it was part one of a multi-episode premiere, so no resolution yet. Can't wait until Amanda Tapping gets onboard Atlantis and takes charge. Interesting twist with Dr. Weir's new biological make-up.