Sunday, September 23, 2007

Fall TV Preview - What's Tapeworthy on Sundays

Sundays seems lighter than normal this year, with only Brothers & Sisters as Must See TV, now that NBC is showing football, it seems to be less crowded (since I don't watch sports on TV unless it's the Olympics or Tennis or anything with skin (ie. Beach Volleyball, Diving)).


Here is the Fall TV Preview for Sundays:

All times Eastern based on current scheduled times and all times pm. Green = New Show, Blue = Returning Show, Red = Must Watch Live

ABC's the winner on Sundays mainly because of Brothers & Sisters, I don't watch football, and I'm so over the FOX animated comedy block (I'll wait for the re-runs of The Simpsons).

8:00 - 9:00

Viva Laughlin - CBS/Global 8:00 - 9:00 - WATCH - As much as I love musicals, musicals on TV never really work (and it only worked for High School Musical because it WAS so hokey, silly and not serious) so this mystery drama set to music is sort of a disaster waiting to happen, but I'm still excited to see it, if only for Hugh Jackman's cameos.

Everybody Hates Chris - ONLY IN CANADA City 8:00 - 9:00 - *** TAPE - Still cute and entertaining, if not revolutionary, but still worth a look.





9:00 - 10:00

Desperate Housewives - ABC/CTV - 9:00 - 10:00 - ** WATCH/TAPE - The quality has gone up and down and up and down but Nathan Fillion (Firefly, Waitress) joins the cast (along with Dana Delaney) and a gay couple moves to Wisteria Lane, upping the camp level on the street. I was about to dump this show but you know I'm curious again now. Plus it will be perfect lead up to the end of the weekend as I wait for Brothers & Sisters. If I miss it or catch it on tape later though, it won't be the end of the world (unlike if I missed Friday Night Lights).

10:00 - 11:00

Brothers & Sisters - ABC/Global - 10:00 - 11:00 - **** WATCH LIVE - The show can be so wrong on so many levels but with Greg Berlanti at the helm behind the scenes, and a grade A ensemble cast elevate the soapy family drama to must-see level.






Dirty Sexy Money - ONLY IN CANADA CTV - 10:00 - 11:00 - *** WATCH (Will Watch On Wednesdays) - Like I said on the Wednesdays Fall Preview, great potential but so far the pilot has too many characters with too many story strings to explain to really evaluate at this point.






Shows I Like In Theory But Never Really Watch Except on the Rarest of Occasions: Cold Case, The Simpsons.

Shows I Like In Theory But Never Really Watch But If I Do, I'll Usually Watch The Last 10 Minutes During The Big Reveal: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.

Shows I Never "Got", or, This Is "Funny"?: Family Guy, American Dad.

Shows I Didn't Realise Still Existed: America's Funniest Home Videos, 60 Minutes, Shark, King of the Hill.

New Shows I Don't Care About: CW Now, Online Nation.

New Shows I Probably Won't Care About But Am Slightly Intigued Because It Stars An Everwood Alum: Life Is Wild.

For the Fall TV Preview for the rest of the week:
Mondays
Tuesdays
Wednesdays
Thursdays
Fridays
Sundays


See Sidebar for Pilot Reviews

3 comments:

Jake Malone said...

Watch all 6 Previews !!!!!!!!!!

Viva Laughlin Preview - New Series From CBS

I know what I like, and I like this Show

You decide if you like Viva Laughlin:

copy and paste or double click on these links:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FDVpwO4fWb0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k41ys4hjFT4&mode=related&search

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Dr1Gw3emoKk&mode=related&search

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pbg1VHjCOQ4&mode=related&search

http://www.mefeedia.com/entry/3325824/

http://www.upn.com/primetime/viva_laughlin/

VIVA LAUGHLIN, the new mystery drama with music, will have a special preview on Thursday, Oct. 18 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) following CSI before moving to its regular Sunday (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) time period on Oct. 21 to take advantage of a two week window in the schedule without football overruns.

Thursday, Oct. 18
10:00-11:00 PM VIVA LAUGHLIN (Special Preview)

Sunday, Oct. 21
8:00-9:00 PM VIVA LAUGHLIN (Time Period Premiere)

umberhaven said...

What happened to Sunday nights?

I already gave up on Desperate Housewives very early last season. I just couldn't take it anymore. Gave up on Ext. Makeover: Home Ed. too. Good show; love what they do for people; but just lost interest for some reason. I love home improvement stuff, so maybe I should start watching again.

Battlestar Galactica doesn't return until 2008. (Even then, there may be only 10 episodes if Bonnie Hammer, Sci-Fi Channel President, goes thru with the bonehead idea of saving the other 10 eps for 2009.)

For me, that only leaves Brothers & Sisters. It had a good season premiere last night. Sally Field really has earned her Emmy. She holds the show together.

Vance said...

Well, that didn't last long. Viva Laughlin is already cancelled so you can now replace that with The Amazing Race 12 at 8pm, which I will definitely be watching!