Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Fall TV Preview - What's Tapeworthy on Wednesdays

There seems to be a lot of strong (or supposedly strong) women on this night across the networks. For you Americans, THIS IS THE NIGHT PUSHING DAISIES IS ON. WATCH! Seems like everything I really want to watch on this night is available on other nights in Canada, which could prove useful. Alright friends, if you want to do something, call me on Wednesdays, or Tuesdays, but not both.

Here's the Fall TV Preview for Wednesdays:

All times Eastern based on current scheduled times and all times pm. Green = New Show, Blue = Returning Show, Red = Must Watch Live

ABC seems to have the most interesting night for Wednesdays.

8:00 - 9:00

Pushing Daisies - ABC 8:00 - 9:00pm - **** WATCH LIVE (Maybe even again!) - Just watch it already okay? See more reasons on Tuesdays Fall Preview.





Back to You - FOX/Global 8:00 - 8:30pm - TAPE - Haven't seen this one yet and while being on Fox doesn't bode very well, I'm kind of looking forward to this workplace traditional sitcom. I don't actually like Kelsey Grammer but I did like Frasier so it'll be interesting to see him try something different. I always thought Patricia Heaton should have just divorced Raymond and moved on, so here's finally her chance. Plus the very funny Ty Burrell (Out of Practice) and Fred Willard are on the show and will fill my traditional comedy void.

Private Practice - CANADA ONLY CTV 8:00 - 9:00pm - ***WATCH - Again, we get this an hour earlier in Canada. The pilot wasn't great but I know I'll just end up watching it at first for a while anyways so I might as well admit it to myself.





9:00 - 10:00

Gossip Girl - The CW 9:00 - 10:00pm - *** WATCH - I miss The OC (at least, the Mischa Bartonless years). This will do! And Blake Lively is SOOOO Much better than Mischa. See more reasons on Tuesdays Fall Preview since I get to watch it the day before in Canada.






Private Practice - ABC 9:00 - 10:00pm - ***WATCH - It was probably placed here to anchor Wednesdays nights for ABC but now it's more of a placeholder between Pushing Daisies and Dirty Sexy Money.







Bones - CANADA ONLY Global 9:00 - 10:00pm - ***1/2 TAPE (from Tuesday) - Yes, Seely and Booth are AWESOME together and Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz' chemistry really works, but let's give credit to Zach, Hodgins and Angela who are my favorite squints supporting cast on a procedural. Eric Millegan, TJ Thyne and Michaela Conlin add such depth, humour and lovability to their characters that it really fleshes out the show (get it?).



Bionic Woman - NBC/E!CH 9:00 - 10:00pm - **1/2TAPE - Comic geeks be damned! I'm saying it; I didn't love this, but it wasn't terrible and it has a lot of potential. Too bad they had to hire homophobe Isaiah Washington which leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Plus they fired Anne (Mae Whitman) and replaced her and what seems like (on paper since I haven't seen the revised pilot) a dumbed down the sister character.





10:00 - 11:00

Dirty Sexy Money - ABC 10:00 - 11:00pm - ***WATCH - I should have loved the pilot more but it's got potential and a great cast and the funny bits mocking the rich was always funny (if not slightly too easy).




Shows I may flip by because it's not as bad as you think: Life

Show My Friends Assume I Would Love But I Don't: America's Next Top Model.

I Liked The British Version So I May Flip By, Even Though You're More Suited To Cable: Kitchen Nightmares

Shows I'm Not Touching With A Pole of Any Size: Kid Nation.

Shows I Didn't Realise Still Existed: Criminal Minds, C.S.I: New York, Dateline NBC, Deal or No Deal, 'Til Death .


For the Fall TV Preview for the rest of the week:
Mondays
Tuesdays
Wednesdays
Thursdays
Fridays
Sundays


See Sidebar for Pilot Reviews

3 comments:

Liz said...

Oh my god, Wednesdays are AWFUL. Way too much awesome TV! I feel like I need a second DVR...

Vance said...

Of course, we used to complain that there was so much crap on television (and there still is a lot) so I'd rather take plentiful nights than the opposite!

But yeah. Apparently I'm going to be killing my social life starting next week. (I do thank CTV now for showing shows at different times, which used to be irritating, but actually benefits us now since we have two time slots to watch/tape/tivo/re-watch!

umberhaven said...

I actually liked the season premiere a little more than some people did. The best part of the show was the subplot about the mother counting floor tiles in the store.

I thought the scene of Violet and Cooper talking to her about her son who had died of brain cancer was genuinely tear-jerking and the best scene in the episode. It was the main reason I gave the episode 4 stars (out of 5) instead of just 3. The worst part of the episode, unfortunately, was the reason the show exists--Addison.

Bionic Woman is just intriguing enough to continue tuning in, but the pilot was all setup, not much real drama or character development. I have high hopes for it getting better, as I do like the concept.